Re: LDAP schema

At 04:27 PM 5/3/00 +0200, Laurent Vannier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In LDAP v3, the schema is stored in the database and can be directly
>modified like other entries.

There is no requirement that an an LDAPv3 allow clients to update
subschema information.

>So we can add, modify or delete
>objectclasses or attributes in the schema.

Not necessarily.

>What about the data when objects or attributes are removed ?

It is possible to misconfigure a directory service by both
static and dynamic means.

>Is this defined by the LDAP protocol?

No.

>specific to each LDAP server ?

What happens when you misconfigure a server is server specific.

http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=220