Re: LDAP schema

Laurent Vannier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In LDAP v3, the schema is stored in the database and can be directly
> modified like other entries. So we can add, modify or delete
> objectclasses or attributes in the schema. What about the data when
> objects or attributes are removed ? Is this defined by the LDAP protocol
> or specific to each LDAP server ?

I guess that the behavior will be implementation dependant : Schema change
refused, Accepted but no modif in the data, Accepted and corrupt all data.

> Moreover, I'm looking for informations about common LDAP servers
> schemas. Does anyone know where I can find such informations for Novell
> NDS and Windows 2000 Active Directory schemas ?

Netscape and iPlanet Directory Server ships with some default schema : The
standard schema (rfc 2252/2256 + some other published schemas) and the
schema for all Netscape applications.
Note that in the future, we may ship some schema but not enable it by
default. An application should always check if the schema it needs is
available.

For more info on iPlanet Directory Server, please check at
http://www.iplanet.com/products/infrastructure/dir_security/dir_srvr/

> Thanks,
> Laurent.

Ludovic.