Migrating X.500 directory information to OpenLDAP

Dear all,

  I've already asked this once but had no reply. Maybe by now someone
has
done something similar. We would like to try OpenLDAP with user
certificates
internally for testing purposes.
  We are already using a commercial X.500 directory with an LDAP
interface
and we have extended our schema. I tried once to import the data to
OpenLDAP
and everything seemed to function OK but the user certificates could not
be
imported in Netscape and IE browsers.

  So, has anyone made similar tests or encountered the same problems? Is
there
a migration FAQ elsewhere?

Thank you for your attention, and for your answers of course!
Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

Grupo de Trabalho de Certificação Digital
SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 794 24 40
http://www.sibs.pt

This message was digitally signed with a MULTICERT cer-
tificate to give an identity assurance. In order to
download the root MULTICERT certificate please go to :
             http://www.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso