RE: Getting around the single-threaded syncrepl model?

--On Friday, November 20, 2015 6:31 PM +0000 Albert Braden <abraden@about.com> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

Are you sure your issues with syncrepl aren't specific to Zimbra? When I
ran the Zimbra at Homestead/Intuit we saw syncrepl issues, but I have not
seen those issues in non-Zimbra LDAP clusters.

Quite certain. For one thing, I file very few syncrepl related ITSes, since I don't use it, but many are filed... For another, while I have encountered a very few issues with delta-syncrepl, the majority of issues I find w/ Zimbra and replication are related to syncrepl when it has to be used in an initial or fallback scenario.

And here's some quick stats:
$ grep syncrepl CHANGES  | grep -v delta | wc -l
76

$ grep delta-syncrepl CHANGES  | wc -l
7

Or syncrepl has had 10x times the issues.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.