[no subject]

> Hi,
>
> I've just set up the ldap directory to share out addresses, and it works
in
> netscape without any problem, however, in outlook it does not seem to work
> properly.  When I do a search for * or even a name that I know is in the
> database, outlook returns "No Entries Found."  Is there something special
> need to do to the database in order for it to be usable with outlook?
>
> --John
>
> ---------
> John Blyberg
> Lotus Engineering Inc.
> 734/995-2544 ext. 227
> jblyberg@lotusengineeringinc.com

Seems that Outlook have problems here. If I search for some string like the
three first letters of my name and looking at the log (I have set loglevel
to 256)
I can see as expected:

Aug 10 11:14:57 webserver slapd[24944]: conn=25 op=1 SRCH
base="DC=SYSTEK,DC=NO"
 scope=2 filter="(|(mail=TER*)(cn=TER*))"

However if I do a search for * I get:

Aug 10 11:19:13 webserver slapd[25040]: conn=31 op=1 SRCH
base="DC=SYSTEK,DC=NO"
 scope=2 filter="(|(mail=**)(cn=**))"

... which obviously isn't correct syntax. If I don't type anything Outlook
comes
with an error message and won't allow me to search (nothing comes in the
ldap-log).