Re: Avoiding redundancy

mas@xinit.se wrote:

> So, I want to store
> that information in one place and then link to the employees. Then, when
> searching for a particular employee I want the information for the
> employee displayed _and_ the information of the office.

I don't think that it's possible to set kind of a referral or a link
on the attribute level (I guess that's what you want).

You might want to store a seeAlso or similar attribute which
contains a DN of the office entry containing all the information
about the office (like FAX etc.). If you write your own client it
can retrieve and display this additional information immediately
when displaying the person's entry. Generic LDAP clients around
won't do this.

Ciao, Michael.