Re: Roaming - Netscape GUEST account

What I'd recommend is the Netscape Client Customization Kit.  It allows
you to create a new netscape.cfg file which can, among many other
things, allow you to set and lock the LDAP roaming access settings for
that machine.  The only drawback is that is requires copying this new
netscape.cfg onto each machine.

You can download it at:
http://home.netscape.com/download/cck.html

As a side note, we implemented Netscape Roaming Access at one facility
here using only the Guest access.  However we ran into several problems
including:
1. It wouldn't retain settings for the Signature file (the file
location)
2. Address books created by users would often be lost
3. We couldn't force the location of the Sent folder to our IMAP server

We ended up having to change our configuration from Guest to using a
profile on a server drive for those reasons, although we still kept the
roaming.  I guess if you get it to work without these problems, I'd be
interested to know how.

--
Dave Brodin
Lead Systems Engineer