Re: kcheckpass: segmentation fault

"Nyers, Gabor" wrote:

> Hoi all,
>
>  Something strange is going on here...
> It began when I couldn't log in to KDE this morning. After some snooping
> around I found out, that kcheckpass quits with segmentation fault when the
> pam_ldap module is invoked in /etc/pam.d/kde.
>
> I'm using RedHat 6.1 with OpenLDAP 1.2.7 and Luke Howard's nss_ldap+pam_ldap
> modules.
> Up until yesterday everything worked fine. Although I've changed some things
> yesterday (access permissions on ldap root, permissions on /etc/ldap.conf),
> but after setting the old values back still not works.
> Funny thing is, that other applications like login work fine.
>
> Ever seen something like this before?

Hi,

I saw smtg like that with applications like su, who fork. The problem was not
in pam_ldap
itself, which is fine, but in its make under RedHat Linux, which links a number
of libraries
that are unnecessary and probably break something. If you're using OpenLDAP
client
libraries, you should simply comment out all the libraries following -lcrypt in
line
7 of Makfile.linux (and, obviously, switch to OpenLDAP stuff in Make.defs):

LD_FLAGS = -x --shared -rpath $(LDAP_LIB_DIR) -lcrypt # -lnsl -lpam -lnsl
-lpthread -lresolv

Luke Howard told me most of the libraries are required by Netscape's client
libs, but I never
checked myself.

Let me know whether this fixes the problem. Have fun!

Pierangelo Masarati