kcheckpass: segmentation fault

Hoi all,

 Something strange is going on here...
It began when I couldn't log in to KDE this morning. After some snooping
around I found out, that kcheckpass quits with segmentation fault when the
pam_ldap module is invoked in /etc/pam.d/kde.

I'm using RedHat 6.1 with OpenLDAP 1.2.7 and Luke Howard's nss_ldap+pam_ldap
modules.
Up until yesterday everything worked fine. Although I've changed some things
yesterday (access permissions on ldap root, permissions on /etc/ldap.conf),
but after setting the old values back still not works.
Funny thing is, that other applications like login work fine.

Ever seen something like this before?

Regards,
Gabor