LDAP or RDBMS?

Hello,

I'm planning to implement a timing system for users who login on terminal
servers, such that a user is initially alloted a given amount of time and
stored in a database (LDAP/RDBMS?).  And everytime the user logs out the
"remaining time" is calculated and updated in the database.  Can LDAP
handle this kind of updates efficiently or do I have to use an RDBMS just
for this purpose?  Btw, I'm planning to authenticate to an LDAP server,
it's just the "remaining time" that I'm really concerned about -- if I
would add it as an attribute for a user in LDAP or create fields in RDBMS.

Thanks.

_
Bench