Re: LDAP or RDBMS?

It really will depend upon how many updates you are doing.
   As anyone will tell you LDAP is not really optimized for updates.
But it could do what you want.

A secondary consideration could be, do you want to maintain this
information so that it's available from multiple machines. If that's
the case, then I'd recommend LDAP. If you only want to keep track
of it on the machine itself, then I'd probably recommend a local
DBM system (e.g. Berkeley or similar, not something like oracle or
mySQL), because you don't want the overhead associated with
doing network, etc.

Mark