Re: LMDB file size, again

--On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:51 PM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Christian Sell wrote:
Hello,
following up to my previous question regarding file size, I would like
to ask about the recommended approach:

Or to put it a little more politely:

The max size really does not matter, since it is not actually in use or allocated until it is used. I set my default maxsize to 80GB, and then scale it back based on the amount of freespace on the disk at the time of creation. Generally, you do not want the maxsize to be > disk size, since you really wouldn't want the DB to grow past the end of the disk. ;)

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.