Re: accesslog purge starves kerberos kdc authentications

--On Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:27 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 07:46:47AM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:

Do you have an eq-index on the reqStart attribute as recommended
in slapo-accesslog(5)?

Yes:

index default eq
index entryCSN,objectClass,reqEnd,reqResult,reqStart

I set up my accesslog to do the purges every 4 hours by default, rather than once a day, to get around this. You may want to do it more frequently than that. I would say once a day clearly isn't often enough for the amount of write traffic you have.

You also don't note what slapd backend you're using (bdb, hdb, mdb). bdb & hdb in particular are much slower, write wise, than mdb. And you don't note your OpenLDAP version, either...

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.