Re: DB question

"Pettersson, Mikael" wrote:

> Im writing a report on LDAP in general, now i have some questions that i
> cant seem to find a good answer to, hope you can help me:
> 1. Is it possible to use any database for an LDAP-server? (could you use
> objectstore for instance?)

What you can use is limited by the specific server implementation you use.
There is no general answer.

> 2. When using a relational-db for an LDAP-application (like oracle do, or
> microsoft) how do you store the entries? Is it blobs or what?

You can read about this topic at:

	http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=378

You are all welcome to add to the FAQ any data you may have about how DB-based
servers work, etc.  I was told that the IBM server using DB2 performs very
well on some operations but it is slow on others when compared to OpenLDAP
using the Berkeley DB.

> 3.In your personal opinion, wich LDAP-application/server is best and why?

OpenLDAP, of course.  Just kidding :-)

Now, really, it all depends on what are your goals.

Julio