LDAP and Outlook 98

We are using Outlook 98 with LDAP for a company directory. I noticed that
the Address Book overrides an LDAP entry without a query to the user.
However, if two Address Book entries conflict with each other (ie., John
Major and John Wayne will conflict if the user enters John), then Outlook
will ask the user to choose.

Anyone run into this? I can see this being a major problem. What if our COO
listed via LDAP has the same first name as a vendor contact in an address
book for our purchasing agent? The vendor might get a very nice heads-up on
our future plans for purchasing. Anyway, anyone found a fix or resolution?

Thanks!