Is having an "open" ldap database a good idea ?

 I was considering opening our database to the internet at large, and
telling people they could point their MUAs toward it, when looking for our
customers email addresses.

 However, many of them would be very sensitive about the possibility of
being spammed.

 Do commerical spammers see LDAP databases as great big resources for
guaranteed "live" email addresses, or are they too difficult for them
to get one big list (I intend doing things like limiting max searches to
10 results, etc.) ?

Kate