Re: Fw: LDAP Queries

> Abhishek Srivastava wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to LDAP I have some questions. If you have time, please
> clarify them.
>
> I have a financial application that in which every client has a
> certificate. which he/she has to produce
> to authenticate him/herself to the system.
>
> Can a certificate be stored in an LDAP server. If yes, How to do this
> in Netscape 4.0 LDAP server ( I had a look at the ADD api but it
> showed how to add text attributes ).

There may be something in the OpenLDAP FAQ-O-MATIC about this... you
need to present the right kind of LDAPMods structure to the ldap_add C
API call (similar answer applies to Java APIs, Perl ones, etc.).

> ... Will I have to change the default
> schema in order to store a certificate ( how to do this )?

The inetOrgPerson objectclass and others include the userCertificate
attribute for this purpose (you should access it as
usercertificate;binary if using an LDAPv3 server).

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance