Re: Production use of OpenLDAP

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 06:11:55PM +0100, Soop, Christoffer wrote:
> Does anybody know of any large, high profile installations of OpenLDAP in
> production use?  The likes of Hotmail and so on...  I need this information
> in order to persuade a customer to use OpenLDAP.
>
> /Christoffer Soop

I don't know about commercial production systems (atleast not until later
this month :), but Debian (www.debian.org) uses openldap for it's central
Developer database, and soon we will be using it for our core archive
directory (db.debian.org).

Right now it supports user entries for ~500 developers, including account
info, PGP and SSH RSA keys. The archive directory will contain entries
for some 4000 seperate software packages from some 3000 seperate sources,
with seperate entries for each version and each architecture supported (in
the range of 8 entries for each package right now). Implentation via the
software update tools will be forthcoming to obtain dynamic filtered sets
of packages based on things like key words and stability markers.

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '