RE: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-16.txt

Olivier,

Olivier Dubuisson wrote:
> Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> > At 09:18 AM 7/7/2003, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
> >  >>>> Olivier Dubuisson <Olivier.Dubuisson@francetelecom.com> 7/3/03
> >  >12:52:50 AM >>>
> >  >>Dear Jim,
> >  >>
> >  >>regarding Section 9 of
> >
> >><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-prot
> ocol-16.txt>
> >  >>please update the dates of X.680 and X.690 to 2002, for
> it is the only
> >  >
> >  >>version in force for the ASN.1 standard.
> >  >
> >  >I note also that [Syntaxes] points to the 1997 version of
> X.690, and
> >  >[Models] points to the 1997 version of X.680 (though
> [Syntaxes] points
> >  >to the 2002 version). I don't remember what we decided to
> do with the
> >  >dates of the ITU-T documents, but likely we should apply
> the changes to
> >  >all the documents.
> >
> > For X.680/X.690, referencing the latest versions is not problematic.
>
> They are freely available from
> http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/languages/
>
> > For other ITU-T documents, in particular X.500 series documents, we
> > need to stick with 2nd edition revisions (e.g, circa 1993).
> >
> >  >>Would it be acceptable to you if the ASN.1 module
> defined in your I-D
> >  >is
> >  >>checked and pretty-printed by the ITU-T, and published
> as part of the
> >  >
> >  >>module database on their website at
> >  >><http://www.itu.int/itu-t/asn1/database>?
> >
> > Verification of the ASN.1 using available checkers would
> > be appreciated.
>
> Sebastien Castano from the ITU TSB will keep you informed as
> soon as the
> work is done and published on the ITU website so that you can
> hyperlink
> to the module database.

Are you sure you want to publish ASN.1 from an Internet draft ?
It's a good idea to run it through a syntax checker as soon as
possible after any changes, but I would wait on publishing it
until after the draft becomes an RFC. Also, by that time we should
have added the necessary copyright statements.

Regards,
Steven