Re: [authmeth] effect of StartTLS on authentication state

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
> For the life of me, I cannot imagine why a client would do
>     simple+StartTLS+modify
> or even
>     simple+StartTLS+search-for-user-application-objects

However, an attacker could insert a bind before the StartTLS in a client
which expects to run with anonymous auth and which grants access to
something depending on what is returned from the search.  I can vaguely
imagine that this could be a problem in rare cases.

And of course, the attacker could insert another bind after the client's
bind if the client does simple+StartTLS+modify.