Searches with dereferncing causing high CPU load.

Hi,

We're having severe performance issues for any query with alias
dereferencing set to "always".

Any query with this causes the CPU to spin up to 100% and if we have a
number of these concurrently the machine will become unresponsive.

We're using OpenLDAP 2.4.42 with the old hdb backend.

We do have a large number of aliases (~63,000). Could this be the cause?

Our olcMaxDerefDepth is currently set to "1"

--

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk
PGP: 0x435A9621

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.