Re: OpenLDAP installation. Am I missing something?

--On Friday, November 13, 2015 2:29 PM +0000 Sherman Lilly <Sherman.Lilly@knoxcounty.org> wrote:

I may have this totally wrong but why is there no installation
documentation that tells somebody how to setup OpenLDAP the right way.
After installing OpenLDAP you have no slapd.conf file so that direction
is not happening. If you modify any file in the slapd.d directory,
startup will complain about bad checksum. Yes I know you can regenerate
the checksum and fix that but why? I can't find any where that tells you
how to modify the base dn, rootdn, and root password without editing the
files in the slapd.d manually. Am I missing something? I have check
Google, Youtube, and other places and they all say manually edit files in
slapd.d. That can't be the right way if openldap server is complaining
about doing it.

ldapmodify

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.