Synchronization/replication and testing with ldapsearch

Hi!

I’m trying to setup an instance of slapd that supports RFC4533 (Content
Synchronization Operation) for use with a consumer that is *not* another
slapd instance.
So right now I want to test my slapd instance with ‘ldapsearch' instead of
in an master-slave setup.

I’m on Mac OS X with the following in my slapd.conf:

    overlay syncprov
    syncprov-checkpoint 100 1
    syncprov-sessionlog 100

Then I use ldapsearch

    ldapsearch -x -h localhost -Esync=ro

but I get no syncCookie.
Essentially I want to achieve what has been asked (but not answered) here:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200907/msg00045.html.

Is there anything else I need to add to slapd.conf or is my ldapsearch
command missing something?
Any pointers to documentation of how to set it up?

Regards,
---
Rebecka Gulliksson
ICT Services and System Development (ITS)
Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
rebecka.gulliksson@umu.se
www.its.umu.se