RE: Antw: accesslog purge starves kerberos kdc authentications

Yes, it is. The system is a basic 1U server with a hardware RAID card and
mirrored disks. I don't have any other spindles 8-/. One of my colleagues is
giving me the big "I told you so", as he advocated upgrading to the hardware
RAID card with a battery backed write cache which might have prevented this
issue. The rest of us didn't think the extra expenditure was worth it for a
Kerberos server which typically doesn't have very high performance
requirements <sigh>. I guess I'm going to try purging the accesslog more
frequently and seeing if that reduces the individual purge load to a low
enough level that it doesn't impact service response.

Thanks.