[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Unable to start slapd, syncrepl error










Oh the wise and mighty of the openLDAP community, 


I have an issue that I have not been able to understand. Partially because

I練 an enthusitis, not an expert in the domain. That being said, I've used

an openLDAP RPM compiled by one of the fellow *nix admins:

http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages - Yes, besides the security reasons I'm

desparate enough to try this. I'll eventually use the spec to compile my own

RPM.


I'm running CentOS 5.7 x86_64 with the latest packages. I was able to

successfully install and configure openLDAP but when I attempt to start it

with MIrrorMode, it will not start. I ran slaptest to figure out where it's

hanging up on: 


[root@ldap1 ~]# slaptest2.4 -f /etc/openldap2.4/slapd.conf 

/etc/openldap2.4/slapd.conf: line 207: rootDN must be defined before

syncrepl may be used

slaptest2.4: bad configuration file!


Any suggestions why it continues to complain about rootDN? I have it

specified and if slapd is going through the lines, it should have picked up

the rootdn before syncrepl. Thoughts? 


Here is my slapd.conf: 


include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/core.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/cosine.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/corba.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/inetorgperson.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/java.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/krb5-kdc.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/kerberosobject.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/misc.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/nis.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/openldap.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/autofs.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/samba.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/kolab.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/evolutionperson.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/calendar.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/sudo.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/dnszone.schema

include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/dhcp.schema


#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/rfc822-MailMember.schema

#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/pilot.schema

#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/qmail.schema

#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/mull.schema

#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/netscape-profile.schema

#include /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/trust.schema


include /etc/openldap2.4/schema/local.schema

include /etc/openldap2.4/slapd.access.conf


access to dn.subtree="dc=domain,dc=pvt"

by group="cn=Replicator,ou=Group,dc=domain,dc=pvt"

by users read

by anonymous read

pidfile /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.pid

argsfile /var/run/ldap2.4/slapd.args


modulepath /usr/lib64/openldap2.4


# database backend modules available:

#moduleloadback_dnssrv.la

#moduleloadback_ldap.la

#moduleloadback_meta.la

moduleloadback_monitor.la

#moduleloadback_passwd.la

#moduleloadback_sql.la


# overlay modules available:

#moduleload accesslog.la

#moduleload denyop.la

#moduleload dyngroup.la

#moduleload dynlist.la

#moduleload glue.la

#moduleload lastmod.la

#moduleload pcache.la

#moduleload ppolicy.la

#moduleload refint.la

#moduleload retcode.la

#moduleload rwm.la

moduleload syncprov.la

#moduleload translucent.la

#moduleload unique.la


#contrib overlays

#moduleloadsmbk5pwd.so


# SASL config

#sasl-host ldap.domain.com


# To allow TLS-enabled connections, create /etc/ssl/openldap2.4/ldap.pem

# and uncomment the following lines.

#TLSRandFile/dev/random

#TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2

TLSCertificateFile/etc/pki/tls/private/ldap.pem

TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/ldap.pem

#TLSCACertificatePath /etc/ssl/openldap2.4/

#TLSCACertificateFile/etc/ssl/cacert.pem

TLSCACertificateFile/etc/pki/tls/private/ldap.pem

#TLSVerifyClient never # ([never]|allow|try|demand)


# logging

#loglevel 256


#######################################################################

# database definitions

#######################################################################


database bdb

suffix "dc=domain,dc=pvt"

#suffix "o=My Organization Name,c=US"

rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=pvt"

#rootdn "cn=Manager,o=My Organization Name,c=US"


# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should

# be avoided.See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.

# Use of strong authentication encouraged.

# rootpw secret

# rootpw {crypt}ijFYNcSNctBYg

rootpw {SSHA}[NeeeNer NeeeNer NeeeNer]


# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND

# should only be accessable by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.

directory /var/lib/ldap2.4


# Tuning settings, please see the man page for slapd-bdb for more

information

# as well as the DB_CONFIG file in the database directory

# commented entries are at their defaults

# In-memory cache size in entries

#cachesize 1000

# Checkpoint the bdb database after 256kb of writes or 5 minutes have passed

# since the last checkpoint

checkpoint 256 5


# Indices to maintain

index objectClass eq


# persion-type searches

index cn,mail,surname,givenname

eq,subinitial


# nss_ldap exact searches:

index uidNumber,gidNumber,memberuid,member,uniqueMember eq

# username completion via nss_ldap needs uid indexed sub:

index uid

eq,subinitial


# samba:

index sambaSID,sambaDomainName,displayName eq


# autofs:

#index nisMapName eq


# bind sdb_ldap:

#index zoneName,relativeDomainName eq


# sudo

index sudoUser eq


# syncprov

#indexentryCSN,entryUUIDeq



limits group="cn=Replicator,ou=Group,dc=domain,dc=pvt"

size=unlimited

time=unlimited



database monitor


overlay syncprov

syncprov-checkpoint 10 1

syncprov-sessionlog 100


syncrepl rid=000

provider=ldap://ldap1.oak.domain.pvta

type=refreshAndPersist

interval=01:00:00:00

retry="5 5 300 +"

rootdn="dc=domain,dc=pvt"

attrs="*,+"

bindmethod=simple

binddn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=pvt"

credentials=domain1


syncrepl rid=001

provider=ldap://ldap2.oak.domain.pvt

type=refreshAndPersist

interval=01:00:00:00

retry="5 5 300 +"

rootdn="dc=domain,dc=pvt"

attrs="*,+"

bindmethod=simple

binddn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=pvt"

credentials=domain1


mirrormode TRUE

serverID 1