Attribute syntaxes and clients

Pardon me, if this question sounds ignorant, but I couldn't
find much about this in documentation.

When OpenLDAP server returns an entry to the client, does it
return attribute syntaxes e.g. cis or ces? We're migrating
from Windows and using ADSI (I know, I know...). ADSI
considers many of the attributes returned as invalid
(mainly all attributes in auxiliary classes) since it cannot
determine their syntax. Is there something that needs to be
done on OpenLDAP's side or its ADSI's fault? Anything will
be greately appreciated. Thank you very much.