Re: Netscape address book offline sync

At 04:17 PM 10/17/00 -0400, Edwin Chiu wrote:
>Or does this require Netscape specific replication technology?

As there is no standard track LDAP replication technology (yet),
the answer is 'yes'.   It requires ChangeLog which Netscape
developed and is working with the community to standardize.

I note that the client also looked for Netscape specific
attributes in the Root DSE (in particular, nsAddressBookSyncURL).
Hence, I am not sure that even if the server supported ChangeLog
(which OpenLDAP doesn't) whether the client's address book
sync capability would work or not.

Kurt