Re: DB Question..

Emre MATER wrote:

> Do I need to install Berkeley DB before installing LDAP. I have mysql
> installed.. Can I use it?

Not sure, but from what I've seen, Berkeley DB is really a set of low
level libraries whereas MySQL is a fully fledged relational database
server.  In fact, the latest versions of MySQL (3.23.25+) actually
require Berkeley DB to be installed in order to do transaction
processing.  Sendmail also likes Berkeley DB, so it's probably worth
your while to just install the libraries and forget about them as
they'll probably come in useful for something else later on.  There's
next to no configuration and they build quite quickly.

Cheers,
D.

--
Dan Makovec