case sensitivity of dn

I am trying to add 2 entries to a directory with the following 2 DNs
(note the slight case difference in p2pPrnName values)

dn: p2pPrnName=MYpr, ou=p2pPrinterQ, ou=Services, o=ubs.com
dn: p2pPrnName=MyPr, ou=p2pPrinterQ, ou=Services, o=ubs.com

The add of the second entry fails with error=68  (i.e. already exists)

This is despite the fact that the attribute p2pPrnName is defined as
Case Exact String (ces) making the two p2pPrnName attribute values
different.

The question is: Is this result,
    a) standard (RFC defined) behaviour, i.e. dn can *never* be case
sensitive ?
    b) only an implementation issue, e.g. the dn is indexed with a
simple index that cannot take into account that one rdn is case
sensitive and another is not ?

Thanks
Ian

Ian Maloney (BH-I5EW-MF9) UBS +41 1 236 1629