Re: vcard imort...

Quoting Hugh Caley <hcaley@loomer.com>:

> I'm not sure I understand this.  I took a whole lot of time and effort and
> wrote a Perl script to import vCards into OpenLDAP...are you saying that it
> already had native support for importing vcards?

Nope, I think I misunderstood what the poster wanted.  This will load the vcard
data into an attribute, what he wanted was to parse the vcard data to correspond
to some objectclass.  While we're on the topic I bet there are several people
who'd find your perl script useful,  if you send it to me I can post it on my
website which contains some LDAP stuff (underneath your name in lights).

>>>Does anyone out there know of any software, open or commercial, that
>>>will take vcard files exported from an email app and import them into
>>>an LDAP directory?
>> ldapmodify -b -f ldif.file
>>
>> Contents of ldif.file
>> dn: cn=whatever,dc=domain,dc=org
>> changetype: modify
>> add: vcard
>> vcard: /tmp/vcardfile
>>
>> Value gets loaded into attribute from /tmp/vcardfile

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505