Re: What's err=68 tag=105?

At 01:20 PM 8/17/00 +1000, Jie Gao wrote:
>What exactly does "err=68 tag=105" mean?

As this is the general mailing list, I'll keep my answer
general and I won't make any assumptions regarding the
source of this quote.

I'd guess that's an LDAP result code and an LDAP tag associated
with an message.  In which case, they would be an
"already exists" error on a Add entry response.  This error
implies you attempted to add an object which already exists.
Result codes and tags are defined in RFC1777 (LDAPv2) and
RFC2251 (LDAPv3).

If you have questions specific to OpenLDAP Software, please
take them to the software list.  If specific to some other
implementation, find and use an appropriate forum.  For
information regarding the appropriate use of this forum, see
<http://www.openldap.org/lists/#charter>.

Kurt