Re: Request for advice on choosing a ldap module for Apache

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Morris, Cavan wrote:

> Someone else already asked a similar question, but it didn't get a very
> useful answer.
>
> I'm trying to choose an LDAP module for a production Apache based webserver.
>

> Does anyone have any information as to which of the various Apache LDAP
> modules are the most widely used, most actively developed, etc.?  I ask
> because I figure the most actively used system will get the most debugging.

I don't know about active use, but I've been very happy with mod_ldap.
It's fairly flexible, and the authors have been good about getting back to
me when I've run into trouble (be it a bug or a missing feature).

Since there are a bunch of LDAP modules with differing information in
them, here's the author info from mod_ldap.c:

/*
 * mod_ldap.c: LDAP-based access checking for Apache
 *
 * Lyonel VINCENT (vincent@trotek.ec-lyon.fr) and Jeff Morrow

--
Dan Rich <drich@employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/