Re: SCO OSR5 and Samba authenticating against LDAP

If SCO supports PAM, pluggable authentication modules, which is should,
then you need to look at

PAM_LDAP
NSS_LDAP

If you have SUN's, you can use SUN DIRECTORY SERVICES for a lot of this or
PADL (www.padl.com) for your LDAP database.

We have used SDS (comes with easy access package with solaris 7 and
solaris8), NSS_LDAP, and PAM_LDAP to do all of our authentication on
Linux/Solaris via LDAP.  We also have IRIX nativly supporting it OOTB

> Is it possible to authenticate users under SCO OSR5 against an LDAP
> database? Gawd, if I could configure both Samba and OSR5 to use LDAP I could
> _almost_ avoid NIS. All I would have left is figuring out how to mount user
> homes easily.

   Sellers , Chris G.
   Scientific Programmer Analyst
    Information & Instructional Technology
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251