Re: Questions on 'free'

At 05:55 PM 2/17/00 +0800, Benjamin de los Angeles Jr . wrote:
>Do I have to 'free' the memory allocated for the variables: result, msg, and dn?

In general, yes, you need to free variables returned by the
API.  However, note, that memory handling requirements differ
from API to API.  Read the documentation that comes with the
API you are using.  Your mileage will vary.

If you have questions about a particular API, I suggest
directing your question specific to use of that API.  For
OpenLDAP 1.x, use the OpenLDAP-software mailing list.

	Kurt