Re: XML Documents in LDAP

At 11:23 AM 2/9/00 +0100, axel wrote:
>For a project we want to store XML documents in an LDAP server.

LDAP shouldn't be thought of as a file system or file access protocol.
I suggest you store a reference.  There are attribute specifically
designed for storing document references (labeledURI and others).

>To store
>html is no problem. In html it's needed to use an cr because thereis for
>example the <br> to go to the next line. XML does not have something like
>this. Therefor another solution has to be found.

Just define an attribute type of syntax octetString ('bin' under
OpenLDAP 1.x) and store the content of the file as a blob.  I do
not recommend this approach.

>So the problem is that these two files have to be inserted in an LDAP
>stucture. LDAP doesn't take carriage returns, how can this problem be
>solved???

Yes, it does.  The problem you are likely having is how to represent
a blob in LDIF... answer BASE64.   If using OpenLDAP, see ldif(1).
	ldif -b blob < file.xml