Re: LDAP and NT authentication

Aaron Aw wrote:

> So it will be fine if all systems use encrypted passwords. should there be
> any reason to use plaintext in the first place?

If you don't want a separate password file for samba. And the problem of
synching the unix and the samba password file.

> so Samba should work fine if you use either cleartext or encrypted right?
> thanks for the info.

If you want PDC support you have to use encrypted passwords. If you
don't use samba as PDC then I would suppose samba should work fine if
you use either cleartext or encrypted.

I would also suggest using samba_TNG for the domain controller support.
This because the domain controller code in the 2.0.x branch is 18 month
old.

For more info. se these web pages
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/  and
http://www.samba.org/