Re: How do i store an jpeg photo in ldap and how do I interpret search a photo with a browser

At 09:39 AM 2/8/00 +0100, axel wrote:
>I got a problem with adding a photo in the ldap server. I don't know how to
>store search a photo in the LDAP server and how to interpret this photo with
>a browser.

You'll likely find the details in the archives.
http://www.openldap.org/lists/

>I tried to do it in the following way.
>/usr/local/sbin/ldif -b jpegPhoto < /export/home/axel/axel.jpg
>
>With this command a plain text came out. Copied this to the LDAP server on
>the way below:
>jpegphoto::/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDAAoHB...etc

This looks appropriate.

>When doing it in this way the brower gifes the following:
>jpegphoto: ÿØÿà

This implies that the browser doesn't recognize the jpegphoto
attribute.

>Also tried the same with one collon, in that way the compleet jpeg code is
>shown in the browser.

This value should be the valid JPEG image, not a BASE64 encoding
of the image.  The double :: form above is correct.
>Now my question is, how can i show this photo in my browser,

Your browser may be configurable, check it's documentation.

Again, check the archives for details.