Re: Is it possible to store HTML in an LDAP server???

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:36:21AM +0100, axel mentioned:
> For a project which has to be accomplished is it nessasery to store
> documents. I was thinking to store these documents in LDAP to make
> searching towards these documents fast and easy. Now my question is if
> it's possible to store these LDAP documents as HTML-code in the server,
> and if so, how do I do that.

 To make searching fast, you would have to index everything - and getting
the open ldap tools to index large documents is not going to be anyway
fast - it wasn't designed for that.

 It would make considerably more sense to use a webserver, and setup a
web search engine to index the documents.

Kate