Re: Is it possible to store HTML in an LDAP server???

Hello,

I wouldn't suggest to store the documents in the server, but references to
them. There is an attribute called labeledUri, which can hold URIs.
Returning those references could be used by the client to retrieve the
off-line stored document. (e.g., via the HTTP Referral mechanisms.)

Regards,

Kurt Spanier

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, axel wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:36:21 +0100
> From: axel <axel@bos.nl>
> To: openldap-general@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: Is it possible to store HTML in an LDAP server???
>
> For a project which has to be accomplished is it nessasery to store documents. I was thinking to store these documents in LDAP to make searching towards these documents fast and easy. Now my question is if it's possible to store these LDAP documents as HTML-code in the server, and if so, how do I do that.
>
>  bye,
>             Axel

----------==========#########>>>>>ZDV<<<<<#########==========----------

X.500:                                              Tel.:
   Kurt Spanier, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,      +49 7071 29-70334
   Universitaet Tuebingen, DE
SMTP-Mail:                                          FAX.:
   kurt.spanier@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de                   +49 7071 29-5912
Snail-Mail:
   Dr. Kurt Spanier, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
   Universitaet Tuebingen, Waechterstrasse 76, D-72074 Tuebingen
PGP-Public-Key:
   finger "Kurt Spanier"@x500.uni-tuebingen.de