Re: An organizationalPerson doesn't have an 'o' attribute?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Chris Garrigues wrote:

> Why not?  I've been building a contact database and stuck the company name
> in a 'o' field, and the deparment in an 'ou' field, and I just made the
> discovery that an organizationalPerson isn't supposed to have an
> organization.

Presumably, the assumption is that the naming context would otherwise include
the organisation name (making an extra attribute per user unnecessary).

> Where am I supposed to put their company name?

The inetOrgPerson draft includes "o" as a valid attribute:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-ldap-inetorgperson-03.txt

Cheers..

dave