RE: Basic Access Control for LDAP

Ed,

Ed Reed wrote:
> Actually, my question is a bit more basic -
>
> Does allUsers include entries of any and all object classes, or only
> object classes derived from "person", or only "person"s with, say,
> a password attribute present, or some other definition?

As far as Basic Access Control is concerned, an identified user
(i.e. a requestor) is just a distinguished name. The distinguished
name doesn't even have to refer to a real entry, so the object class
of the user's entry, if such an entry exists, is completely irrelevant.

The allUsers case includes not only any identified user, but also
completely anonymous requestors for which no associated distinguished
name was able to be established at bind time.

Regards,
Steven