From: Jim Sermersheim [mailto:jimse@novell.com]
Sent: Thursday, 17 July 2003 07:39
To: ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Attribute Name Length Bounds

All,

At this point it seems clear that it would be a good thing to make a clarification to [Protocols]. That clarification would state something like: all octets of a ber-encoded LDAP PDU are significant. No octets may be ignored unless they are part of extended elements that are themselves ignored.

Whether or not we want the TS to enforce mandatory minimums for element lengths (such as attribute type names) is an issue in the data model (and/or schema) doc(s).

Jim