Re: How enforce TLS connection to openldap server only?

On September 20, 2012 09:59:05 AM Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:58 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
>
> <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
> > --On Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:02 PM -0400 Yan Gong
> >
> > <yan@fabric.com> wrote:
> >> Peter:
> >>
> >> Thanks for the confirmation!
> >> I only used olcSecurity, not olcAccess to enforce the TLS connection.
> >> Man, I wish there is more detailed, updated and user-friendly information
> >> about OpenLdap on the web.
> >> I guess, that's why people are turning to Active Directory because it is
> >> much easier to use.
> >
> > It is documented in the manual pages, which are both on the web, and ship
> > with the software itself.  Lack of comprehension does not mean lack of
> > documentation.
> >
> > If you think AD is LDAP, then you are in for a world of hurt.
>
> Meant to send this to the list. ;)

I agree with Quanah that documentation is there, I also think Yan is correct
that the information is not very easy to find.

I've used the Admin Guide and the Faq-O-Matic on many occassions and found
them a good starting point, but not the final answer. I think a wiki-style
documentation where the user commuity could more easily contribute to the
knowledge base may be a helpful thing.

Having said all that, there may already be something like that and I just
don't know about it.

I can start a new thread if more people want to chime in since I don't want to
derail the original thread here.