Re: Convert *.schema to *.ldif

On 4/3/12 11:50 AM, Howard Chu wrote:
>> I don't see any description in the admin guide about how to convert a *.schema file into a
>> *.ldif file.  Google tells me that most people are using slaptest with the -F and -f parameters
>> with a specially crafted slapd.conf file.
>>
>> I would like to programatically do this -- my ability to vi two files and make identical
>> changes has been known to be fallable!
>>
>> Suggestions?  Code examples?
>
> Read schema/openldap.ldif

Thank you Howard.  I didn't think to go looking for that kind of documentation.

If anyone is interested, I've thrown together a short perl script that does what
schema/openldap.ldif suggests.  I believe it will generate an ldif file that is just as valid
as the schema file it is given ;-)  I have tested that hypothesis via ldapadd on a system that
I set up for cn=config use.