RE: AD proxy in OpenLDAP

I was advised that acl-bind is not used for binding to the AD server, so do to a search on dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local you would have to bind with a valid AD account

What do you get when you do a
ldapsearch -d ="CN=proxy,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=companyname,DC=local" -w secret -b " dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local " -h ldap://companyname.local

>When I attempt to search on dc=companyname,dc=local I get results. When I attempt to search AD directly from the server running OpenLDAP I get results. However if I search dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local pointed at OpenLDAP I get No Such Object (32).

>I believe this could be related to one of two things, however I have been unable to find the fix (I have read the slapd, slapd-ldap, slapd-relay, slapd-pbind manpages, as well as numerous tutorials). I believe it is either that I am missing the schema files for AD or that I am incorrect in putting the LDAP backend in a seperate dc (internal). On AD the base suffix is also just dc=companyname, dc=local, I put the LDAP backend in this suffix as the rest of the directory is already in dc=companyname,dc=local in OpenLDAP and I wished for it to be separate, I don't know if this has caused the issue. As for the scema files, I used Apache directory studio to export the cn=schema branch from AD into an LDIF file and attempted to add it using ldapadd, the result was
>adding new entry "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=local"
>ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
>        additional info: instanceType: attribute type undefined\

I haven't as yet exported the schema, but when I bind to openldap with a AD dn it works fine for me, for bind and search on the attributes I want.