RE: Speeding up BDB question

--On April 5, 2011 3:02:33 PM -0400 "Cannady, Mike" <mike.cannady@htcinc.net> wrote:

You still fail to note the size of the BDB database (du -c -h *.bdb)
so
again it is impossible to say if your DB_CONFIG settings are correct.

Sorry about missing the size of the database... Here it is ( 71,914 DNs
):

[root@LDAPdev1 openldap-data]# du -c -h *.bdb
35M     cn.bdb
16M     dn2id.bdb
3.5M    entryCSN.bdb
2.2M    entryUUID.bdb
18M     givenName.bdb
96M     id2entry.bdb
3.2M    objectClass.bdb
9.0K    ou.bdb
21M     sn.bdb
20M     uid.bdb
2.0M    uniqueIdentifier.bdb
214M    total

So your BDB DB_CONFIG cachesize is fine at 256MB. ;)

Also, I'm not sure if you noted this before, but the "checkpoint" directive in slapd.conf/cn=config will be affecting how often you flush. If you are doing a very large amount of write activity, you may wish to change from your default of 1024KB/5 minutes to something larger (or smaller). Personally I find small frequent flushes to be better than large periodic flushes.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc