Re: ldap on Ubuntu 10.0.4

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Raymond Norton <admin@lctn.org> wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.0.4 uses ldap 2.4.21, which does not use slapd.conf. I am having
> difficulty finding good documentation to configure openladap without
> slapd.conf. Is there a simple doc available on this?
>
> Raymond

      In /etc/default/sldap you can tell it to use slapd.conf:

# Location of the slapd configuration to use.  If using the cn=config
# backend to store configuration in LDIF, set this variable to the
# directory containing the cn=config data; otherwise set it to the location
# of your slapd.conf file.  If empty, use the compiled-in default
# (/etc/ldap/slapd.d).
#SLAPD_CONF=
SLAPD_CONF=/var/lib/ldap/slapd.conf

That said, the new way seem to feed the ldap database with the stuff
you had in sladp.conf using ldif files. I personally have not done
that yet though; I am still using  slapd.conf.