Re: Adding replicant with ppolicy after the fact

I was able to get the correct password ages on a new test server by copying the contents of /var/lib/ldap/ (RHEL5) from a production machine while the database was halted to the test machine and then running slapd_db_recover -v -h /var/lib/ldap BEFORE starting the database. I found that the database was unrecoverable if I started slapd between copying the files and running slapd_db_recover.

Are these the recommended actions to meet my needs?