Re: ldapsearch returns Could not create LDAP session handle (3): Time limit exceeded

Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2008 23:12:42 Brooks Campbell wrote:
>> We upgraded some client servers from RedHat ES3U4 to Redhat ES4U2 and now
>> the ldapsearch string we used in our monitoring software to check if the
>> customers openldap server is working is returning errors.
>>
>> We were using:
>>
>> ldapsearch -x -H ladps://host.domain.com:636
>
> The URI is obviously incorrect here, would you mind posting the *exact* URI
> you are using?

Probably it's *exact* enough: this is what happens with a "modern"
ldapsearch:

ldapsearch -x -H ladps://host.domain.com:636
Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ladps://host.domain.com:636 (3)

Note that (3) is LDAP_URL_ERR_BADSCHEME, as detected by modern libldap,
but (3) also corresponds to timelimitExceeded; probably, OpenLDAP 2.2.13
was mixing error codes.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team