Re: MirrorMode/N-Way Multi-Master Replication Clarification

Ryan Steele wrote:
Gavin Henry wrote:
----- "Howard Chu"<hyc@symas.com>  wrote:
The key element of MirrorMode is that there is an external frontend
that
ensures that all writes are directed to a single server. Otherwise,
there is
no difference.

Should I change the docs for MM? We do writes to a single server to guarantee
writes correct? If they are both the same, should we rename MirrorMode to a different
key word?

We don't use the server URI in the MM example, maybe that section should be totally re-written
as it seems to be confusing users.

Thoughts?

Well, at least maybe some clarification, if a total re-write is too time
consuming. If the difference between the two
has nothing to do with the number of nodes involved, and only whether or
not
there's an external frontend, perhaps they
would be more aptly titled "N-Way Multi-Master" and "Proxied N-Way
Multi-Master".

Absolutely not. The name MirrorMode was specifically chosen to avoid any association with the concept of multi-master. The purpose of MirrorMode is to guarantee single-master consistency while providing hot standby.

--
  -- Howard Chu